Isaiah is 4!
I can’t believe I don’t have a recent picture to throw on this post–I’ll try to rectify that soon, but I have to write about my wonderful son today.
Michelle and I have had the blessing of being Isaiah’s parents for four years today. About this time four years ago our son was ten minutes old. Here are some of the things that I love about him.
- He loves learning. Whether it’s the Bible, math, or words, he loves learning new things. He’s good at it too. I’m excited to see how his interests continue to develop and what he wants to be good at.
- He surprises you with love. Isaiah is not an extremely outwardly-affectionate person. But that makes it all the more special when he runs up and gives you a hug or like he did today says, “Daddy, I love you more than ice cream!”
- He is competitive. I see my temper and competitiveness in him. I hope he learns to control it at a younger age than I did, but I’m glad he wants to do well at things.
- He’s intense. This is why he ends up punching me in the head when we’re wrestling, but he goes all out. I’ve prayed that he’ll be courageous and I think courage has a lot to do with intensity used in the right ways.
- He’s my son. No matter what he does, I will always love my son deeply because he’s mine. That will never change.
So Isaiah, happy birthday. I’m so thankful to be your dad and couldn’t wish for a better son and buddy than you! I love you!