Me + the ATL = nice times
Monday through Wednesday of this week I was at a conference put on by Kingdom Advisorsin Atlanta. My good friend and Infuse board member James Gleghorn works for Kingdom Advisors and hooked me up with the conference. It was tight. I’m not a business guy so I wasn’t sure if I would make it through in one piece, but it ended up being a really transformational time. I’m not going to go into all the stark detail here because this post would get way too long and even fewer people would read it, but if you want to hear more about it let me know, I’d love to share. In general I’ll just say that I was very encouraged that the Holy Spirit is starting to catalyze a movement in this, the wealthiest country in the world, that will move his followers toward generosity that will really make a difference.
Here are some other highlights of my trip other than the conference.
- Having James and Tricia’s son, Jacob, excitedly offer to give Isaiah two full tubs of his toys. Talk about generous giving! He ended up sending about seven different toy vehicles with me and Isaiah was ecstatic to get them.
- Getting destroyed in tennis by James for probably the 100th time in my life. I actually played well for someone who almost never plays, he was just enfuego–I was humbled but enjoyed myself.
- Meeting Roger Sandberg, a man I had connected with previously on the phone who works for the National Christian Foundation. He just exuded godliness out of his pores and it was great to be around him.
- Having the opportunity to share from Scripture with the 30 or so development professionals who were there.
- Buca di Beppo’s on Cinco de Mayo. Italian on a Mexican holiday, but it was still good!
- Being so paranoid about being late to the airport that I had two and half hours to soak in the ATL airport atmosphere.