Top 5 Ways Weatherpeople and Psychics are Alike
- Both try to predict the future and get it wrong more often than right. (Which is why I walked out into the 60 degree weather this morning with a winter coat on).
- Both employ the widest generalities possible so they can find a way to pretend they were right. Sometimes even this backfires. Michelle and I watched a few episodes of Here Come the Newlyweds, a show about newly married couples who were recently married, and in one of the episode they brought in a psychic. She started to throw a few things she “saw” out there to establish some credibility. This was highlighted by her telling one woman she saw pictures of her in a Christening dress and a first communion–followed by the woman saying–“That’s interesting since I’m Jewish.”
- Both have people basing their lives on faulty info.
- People are not usually willing to question either one. Like me–despite wearing a winter coat in 60 degree weather today, I’m wondering, “I wonder what the weather will be like this weekend, maybe I should look it up on weather.com!
- I’m out. Someone else have a 5th?